The bedroom is, without a doubt, the romantic space of the home. This does not single-out unmarried people, as the bedroom serves as a personal hideaway. As a personal refuge, any individual would want their bedroom to have a dreamy and quixotic feel. How can one create a romantic bedroom? What elements can make a bedroom feel this way?
How to Have a Romantic Bedroom
- Modern Furniture. When buying a bed, choose a modern bed that offers you adequate space allowing you to move freely when asleep. Pick a bed with a tall headboard so you can rest your back comfortably if you prefer to sit on the bed while reading a book. A bed that can hold the mattress firmly is another point to consider. You can choose to have a leather-upholstered headboard or frame to enhance the quixotic and dreamy feel of the bedroom. Modern bedroom sets enhance a person’s comfort, and at the same time, add style in the bedroom. There are several designs that provide the bedroom a feel of romanticism like the Nova Domus Romeo Italian Modern Black & Rosegold Bed. The overall modish appeal of this bed adds to the ease and physical relief of a modern bedroom.
- Chest, Dresser and Nightstand. A clean and organized bedroom equates to having a romantic bedroom. Chest and drawers are very handy on having a clutter-free room.
- Make sure to buy a dresser and chest that have at least 3 – 4 drawers to accommodate big or small items. Additionally, a nightstand on either side of the bed with two or three drawers would also ensure a clean and organized bedroom.
- Beddings and Linens. A comfortable bed is not complete without soft and warm beddings. The perfect fabrics to achieve a romantic bedroom include satin and silk, making you feel warm, comfortable, and sexy. If budget is an issue, you can have 100% cotton sateen. Cotton sateen has the same cozy and luxurious feel of satin and silk. The color of the bedding is another thing. Gold, bronze, or pearl colors establish romance into the bedroom. Red, blue, green, black and white are other colors appropriate for making a romantic bedroom.
- Lighting. Lighting plays an essential part in creating the ambiance of any room. To complete the romantic feel, hang a chandelier or pendant light as the general lighting in the room.
- A stand lamp like this Modern Tree Floor Lamp is another good choice for that sweet, dreamy bedroom appeal.
- Of course, do not forget the table lamp for your nightstand. Ensure that the lamps have bulbs that give off soft illumination. Install a dimmer switch for your lighting so it would be easy to adjust the brilliance of the lights as well as to turn them on and off.
- Candles. Candles can elicit feelings of closeness and tenderness, particularly scented candles. The flickering flame of the candles adds beauty while enhancing the quixotic feel of the bedroom. Grouping the candles together and placing them in a strategic point provide the best effect.
- Mirror. Mirrors can make a small room look larger and they reflect light, giving more depth to your modern bedroom.
- Curtains. Window curtains or drapes can hold back the lights from the sun and traffic, and other deafening external noise. Another way to use curtains for that romantic mood is to drape it around your bed or on the walls just over the headboard. It would also be a good idea to have curtains that have the same fabric as that of your bed.
- Music. Play soft, romantic music in the room for that dreamy state. Place your player or music device in an entertainment center that can hold CDs and other stuff.
So there, achieving a romantic bedroom is not at all that difficult. Just follow the above tips and soak yourself in romance!
Following post was first seen on Create a Romantic Bedroom with Modern Bedroom Sets. Read more on: LAFurnitureStore.com